Prayers & Resources
Signs of a Religious Vocation
1. A desire to have a religious vocation, together with the impression that God is calling one to His service. This desire is most strongly felt when the soul is calm.
2. A growing attraction for prayer and holy things in general, together with a longing for a hidden life and a desire to be more closely united with God.
3. A conviction of the emptiness of the world and of its insufficiency to satisfy the soul. This feeling is often strongest felt in the midst of worldly amusements.
4. A longing to sacrifice oneself and abandon all for the love Jesus Christ.
5. A longing for God's glory, a realization of the value of immortal souls, and a desire to cooperate in their salvation.
6. The happiness which the thought of religious life brings, its helps, its peace, its merits, and its reward.
7. A desire to atone for sin, to make reparation.
8. A desire to devote one's whole life to obtain the conversion of sinners.
9. It is sometimes the sign of a vocation when a person fears that God may be calling her; when she prays not to have it and cannot banish the thought from her mind. If the vocation is sound, it will eventually give place to attraction.